Mind Deprogramming Jukebox

Tuesday 7 February 2006

Prophet Muhammad Cartoons

While I fully agree with the Muslims that posting the pictures / cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad were and could be viewed as offensive, I beleive the amount of protest has reached an epically stupid level. Where was the outcries when videos were release and pictures released of westerners captured. This is tit-for-tat thinking, but do the Muslims wish Western countries and people to react in the same way when they see something or someone of Arab or Muslim decent making fun of their beliefs? Muslims around the world are only re-enforing the negitive image the western powers have worked so hard to build up. Wake up, grow up ! Cause if you do not, and others are ignorant and silly in the west take offence to something trivial, well then we would have WWIII wouldn't we.
So since these pictures are getting harder to view, and I an am atheist, so to me any religion fiqure is not worth killing over. I mean, does not God always say to love one another ?





1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

Bravo for posting the images. My thing is that I wonder if we feel this is kind of 'trivial' to us because we have grown up with freedom of speech and belief? If you think about it, many hardcore Muslims are used to religious doctrine, and are only fed one way of thinking.

I can see how they would be offended, but I am almost remiss to say that, unfortunately the extremists have a very limited point of view of the world. Not that this gives them any excuse.

Rather, this makes me feel proud that I live in a society that allows for different points of view.

And believe me, I am NOT some hard-core bible-thumping right wing American. I am one of the most liberal open-minded persons you can speak to. It makes me sad that some people are not challenged with the intellectual stimuli to acknowledge that there are other points of view.